Natural Anti Aging Starts With Healthy Eating Habits
April 26, 2011|
The new way to look at fruits and vegetables and natural herbs is they are the foundation of a natural anti aging program. Healthy eating habits are the most fundamentally basic step we can take for a natural anti aging regimen.
How To Maximize Your Natural Anti Aging Program
- From the beginning, we were always told to eat our fruits and vegetables to grow up to be healthy and strong. This statement still stands true, except there is a new twist on it – we need to change how we eat our fruits and vegetables
- Raw, uncooked fruits and vegetables and other whole plant foods (nuts, seeds, and some grains) are nutrient dense powerhouses that help to protect, heal, and energize us. These nutrient dense powerhouses, provide the natural anti aging ingredients to keep us healthy and our skin soft and youthful.
- Whole, uncooked fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber, enzymes, antioxidants, phytochemicals, and healthy fats. Animal products have none of these. Cooking most fruits and vegetables not only reduces their vitamin and mineral makeup, but will change or dramatically reduce these healthy nutrients also.
- All uncooked fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds come with their own digestive enzymes to assist the body in digesting protein, fats, and carbohydrates. For example, the avocado is rich in the enzyme Lipase, the fat dissolving enzyme. These plant enzymes help to pre-digest the food in the early part of digestion, thus, improving the digestive process and bioavailability (the absorption and assimilation) of nutrients. Cooking foods at high temperatures can dramatically reduce the quality and quantity of these enzymes. Not overcooking foods and using natural herbs provides a fantastic natural anti aging lifestyle improvement.
- Plant foods are also rich in phytochemicals (including antioxidants) and healthy fats to support optimal health. Antioxidants fight free radicals – free radicals are known to accelerate aging and contribute to diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Phytochemicals found in whole plant foods number in the hundred thousands! They perform anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral activities, fight Macular Degeneration, cataracts, and Alzheimer’s, have anti-inflammatory activities, help bone density (reduce risk of osteoporosis), help prevent and rid body of carcinogens (anti-cancerous activities), prevent blood clotting, lower cholesterol, strengthen blood vessel walls, fight heart disease, and enhance immune function.
- The process of heating foods can significantly reduce the phytochemical content of most foods, which decreases one’s ability to receive all of the benefits above. By eating fruits and vegetables raw, you receive the enormous benefits of these health promoting nutrients as Mother Nature grew them – whole, fresh, and uncooked.
- There is another source of healthy that is also found in raw foods and that is healthy fats. Healthy fats are necessary for food absorption, healthy skin, lubricating our joints, protecting our internal tissues and organs, and to provide satiation (that feeling of fullness that helps eliminate over-eating). Healthy fats can be found in coconuts, olives, avocados, and raw nuts and seeds. The unhealthy fats (i.e. saturated fats and trans fats) are found in animal products, never in fresh plant foods. Eating healthy fats have an added benefit of the same ‘fat dissolving’ Lipase enzyme found in raw plant foods like avocados, nuts and seeds, which will help to dissolve saturated fat from the body.
For anyone embarking upon a new way to eat healthy, this process can start out as slow or quickly as you’d like. Instead of steaming your broccoli and green beans, eat them raw! Try creating a fruit smoothie with just fruit, ice, and water. These simple steps will help ignite your body with a new found energy. Eat whole fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds in their natural raw and uncooked state and reap the benefits. You’ll be amazed how your body responds to those added antioxidants, phytochemicals, enzymes, fiber, and healthy fats!
Research shows natural anti aging starts with healthy eating habits, plenty of fruits and vegetables, and limited but enough healthy fats will support optimal health. Natural anti aging is supplemented by appropriate use of natural herbs. Eating fruits and vegetables almost raw provides the most significant natural anti aging boost.
Health and Beauty Expert Information
Note: Don't miss our Healthy Eating Expert's, Nancy Deville, article on "Avoid or Reverse Accelerated Aging by Eating Meat, Butter, and Whole Dairy."