Minerals and Other Nutrients for Healthy Skin
Here are some examples of minerals and other nutrients found in anti-aging skin cream:
Anti aging skin cream and lotions can protect the skin from harmful effects of the environment. Many of the most effective ones contain vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to promote youthful skin that is smooth and young looking.
Anti Aging Skin Cream Ingredients
- Selenium – is believed to be a mineral that functions as a cancer preventative. Whether taken as a part of the diet (whole-grain cereals, seafood, garlic, eggs) or as a component of an anti-aging cream, it protects the skin from sun damage.
- Copper – when combined with Vitamin C and zinc, is valuable in the production of elastin. Deterioration of the elastin found naturally in the skin causes wrinkles. The diet is rarely deficient in copper, but topical application of the mineral in an anti-aging cream form results in healthy skin with both elasticity and firmness.
- Zinc – can be found in oysters, lean meat, and poultry. It can be taken orally or used as a topical lotion to cure acne and control oil production.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid – is a very powerful antioxidant. Anti-aging products make good use of Alpha-Lipoic Acid because it is unique in that it is able to penetrate both oil and water, unlike most of the other antioxidants that can perform only one process or the other. It is able to repair skin DNA, reducing the risk of skin cancer and promoting youthful skin. Finally, this powerful compound is able to repair damage caused by environmental factors such as smoke and pollution. Alpha-Lipoic Acid is available in supplement form as well as in topical creams.
- DMAE – is another powerful antioxidant. Free radicals are unable to harm skin cells when plenty of DMAE is present. Damage from sunlight and cigarette smoke is unable to penetrate the membrane surrounding cells if there is adequate DMAE. Age spots are also unable to form when there is plenty of DMAE, which is available both in supplement or topical cream.
- Hyaluronic Acid – is a nutrient that is not readily available in the food we eat – it is produced by the body itself. The skin looks smooth because of the ability of Hyaluronic Acid to hold up to a thousand times its weight in water. Anti aging skin cream makes use of this nutrient to create a youthful skin.
- EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids) – are necessary to produce the skin’s natural oil barrier. Without this barrier the skin may be dry, inflamed and/or troubled with whiteheads and blackheads. EFAs are found in the diet in many foods such as baked goods, poultry, cooking oil, safflower oil, cold-water fish and flaxseed. It is possible to get additional EFAs by consuming Evening Primrose Oil or Fish Oil Capsules.
Understanding the ingredients in your anti aging skin cream will help you with maintaining your youthful skin!