Holistic Anti-aging Skin Care
Natural anti aging skin care can be holistically based. Vitamins, minerals, herbs, and other nutrients are wonderful for basic anti-aging cleansing, moisturizing, protecting, and healing the skin.
Natural Anti Aging Skin Care Benefits
- A holistic natural anti aging skin care program not only creates youthful radiant anti-aging skin tone, but it can also benefit the overall well-being of the body. The anti-inflammatory benefits of a holistic natural anti aging skin care program decrease the aches and pains of the body and help to create a more balanced emotional state.
- An Anti-aging holistic skin care regime can also help to heal common skin conditions such as acne, sun damage, and similar blemishes. Using a daily spray facial mist such as Clear Advantage Refining Toner can keep the skin on the face soft and silky.
- Anti-aging starts with several vitamins that help reduce and reverse the effects of the sun. Vitamins A, B, C, D and E are all wonderful for the health of the skin and are holistic anti-aging based. Vitamins B, C and D play an especially important role in preventing skin damage caused by the sun and are crucial for anti-aging.
Natural Aging Aging Skin Care Through Vitamins:
- Vitamin A helps reverse the anti-aging effects of the sun on the skin by reducing fine lines and wrinkles and decreasing the number and size of age spots. It also improves the skin's texture and helps decrease pore size.
- Vitamin B can be found in topical ointments and applied directly to the skin. It’s an anti-aging, anti-inflammatory that minimizes puffiness and redness, constricts pores and strengthens capillary walls. It also improves the overall condition of the skin and aids in the regeneration of DNA – crucial for anti-aging.
- Vitamin C is a potent anti-aging antioxidant that protects the skin from the ultraviolet rays of the sun and neutralizes free radical damage. It also helps to stimulate the production of collagen which keeps skin supple and smooth.
- Vitamin D should also be used topically. Applied as a basic anti-aging agent, it preserves a more youthful complexion. The body produces vitamin D naturally when exposed to sunlight. Hence, the consistent use of sunscreen may block vitamin D production. Look for an organic anti-aging sunscreen or moisturizer that contains a vitamin D supplement as a necessary precaution.
Natural Anti Aging Skin Care Processes
- A holistic natural anti aging skin care program starts with protection from the sun. Sunlight is a major detriment to anti-aging and the skin changes we think of as aging – changes such as fine lines and wrinkles, dryness, and age spots. As your skin ages, it becomes thinner and loses fat, underlying structures – veins and bones in particular – become more prominent. Your skin can take longer to heal when injured. Anti-aging is the process of stopping or reversing the natural aging process. Anti-aging is most effectively controlled by reducing exposure to the sun.
- Although nothing can completely undo sun damage, the skin sometimes can repair itself. Topical anti-aging products can actually reduce the harmful effects of the sun. So, it's never too late to protect yourself from the harmful effects of the sun.
- Over time, the sun's ultraviolet (UV) light damages the fibers in the skin called elastin. Anti-aging stops the breakdown of these fibers. Natural aging causes the skin to lose its ability to snap back after stretching. As a result, fine lines and wrinkles form. Gravity also is at work, pulling at the skin and causing it to sag. Anti-aging techniques noticeably fix the face, neck, and upper arms.
- Next to the sun, anti-aging recognizes cigarette smoking as also contributing to wrinkles. People who smoke tend to have more fine lines and wrinkles than nonsmokers of the same age, complexion, and history of sun exposure, seriously compromising anti-aging. The reason for this difference is not clear. It may be because smoking plays a role in damaging elastin, which is critical in anti-aging. Facial wrinkling increases with the amount of cigarettes and number of years a person has smoked.
Many products currently on the market claim to "revitalize aging skin" and provide anti-aging benefits. According to many, over-the-counter "wrinkle" creams and lotions at least soothe dry skin. At this time, the only anti-aging products that have been studied for safety and effectiveness and approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat signs of sun-damaged or aging skin are tretinoin cream and carbon dioxide (CO2) and erbium (Er:YAG) lasers.
A full natural anti aging skin care regimen includes smoking cessation, vitamins, and topical anti-aging skin care products.