Exfoliation – An Important Skin Care Tip
The process of skin exfoliation is one that removes the oldest dead skin cells from your skins outermost surface. It is a process that has been used for many years now as a means of maintaining your skin. It is an aid when it comes to speeding up the process of your skin flaking and shedding and the great news is you can either do this yourself or you can have it done for you as part of a facial or body treatment at a spa, so what are you waiting for?
How Skin Exfoliation Works
Skin Exfoliation helps as a means of speeding up the process of skin flaking and shedding; it takes off the dead layer of cells as a means of exposing the finer, more translucent tissue underneath. Basically exfoliating can give you a dramatically clear complexion, especially when you keep in mind the fact if your oldest dead skin cells are not removed they can clog your pores, which can go on to causes spots and/or blackheads. This is important considering the average human generates a new layer of skin every two or four weeks. So just how do you go about exfoliating your skin?
Skin Exfoliation Steps
There are a number of steps that you need to go through in order to achieve successfully skin exfoliation.
- You need to brush your dry skin before you get into the shower. To do this you can use a loofah or special exfoliating gloves as well as an exfoliating brush.
- Start at the soles of your feet and work your way up.
- Work your way up using your loofah or equivalent and an exfoliating cleanser
- Then scrub your body in gentle, circular motions.
Types of Skin Exfoliation Cleansers
The type of cleanser that you choose is of importance:
- Don’t opt to simply use soap; you need a cleanser that has a grainy texture that actually exfoliates your skin.
- What exactly should you be looking out for? Ideally, your chosen cleanser should contain things such as oatmeal, ground almonds, or sea salt. The reason for this is these ingredients will help to create the grainy texture needed to ensure your skin exfoliation is effective.
- When you are exfoliating your face you should use products that have been specifically designed for this purpose. The reason why you shouldn’t use the cleansers you will use on your body for your face is because they will be too abrasive and irritating for your face, which could cause more harm than good.
What Should You Do After Exfoliation is Complete?
Although exfoliating can do wonders for your skin, it should be noted that regular exfoliating is very drying to your skin. It is for this reason that your skin needs to be rehydrated with the right skin care moisturizer cream and lotions. You should use these at least once a day but preferably twice daily as a means of keeping your skin hydrated constantly.
If you want smooth, glowing and fresh looking skin, then I would highly recommend skin exfoliation to you. It achieves all of these goals while preventing the onset of fine lines and maybe even wrinkles. Just make sure that if you are going to do it that you follow the above skin care tips to ensure that you do it right.