Are Anti-Aging Skin Care Products For You?
We always wonder why some celebrities look so young even though they are over 40 or 50. And if you look closely, you will find that their skin is immaculate, without wrinkles or other signs of aging. One of the secrets to young looking skin is anti aging skin care products.
Anti Aging Skin Care Information
- While celebrities can afford to purchase the most exclusive anti aging skin care products to keep their skin looking young and supple, ordinary women do not have the means to get the best products in the market. However, there are affordable skin care products that can help you reduce wrinkles and make your skin look younger, and these are widely available in department stores or drug stores.
- There are lots of anti aging skin care products for you to choose from, but not all of them are effective. One of the ways to find out whether a certain skin care product will work wonders for your skin is to look at its ingredients. Some of the ingredients that are known for their anti-aging qualities are alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA), beta hydroxyl acid (BHA), and stabilized vitamin C.
- AHA is also known as citric acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, or tartaric acid. It is presently one of the most widely used cosmeceuticals, and it is an essential ingredient in many skin care products. In fact, more than 200 manufacturers of skin care products in the US use AHA in their products, which include both natural and chemical skin care products. This ingredient comes from animals, plants, fungi, algae, and bacteria, and it has the ability to increase the level of collagens, elastins, hyaluronic acid, and mucopolysacharides in the skin. AHA heals skin that is damaged by the sun, and it can reduce age spots, wrinkles, and melasma. It also helps the skin shed natural epidermal cells.
- BHA is also referred to as salicylic acid. There are a number of popular skin care products that contain BHA, and a few of them are St. Ives for Acne Prone Skin, Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment, and L’Oreal Acne Response Line. These are products that are known for their anti-aging qualities, and they use the same type of BHA as some of the more exclusive skin care products. BHA can enter the pores and make the sebum and dead cells softer, which will ultimately reduce the sizes of the pores and create a healthier and younger looking skin. Generally, 2% BHA or less is considered safe for use on facial skin. If you need to use products that contain a higher concentration of BHA, it is advisable that you consult a dermatologist first.
- The form of stabilized vitamin C that is most widely used in anti-aging skin care products is ascorbic acid. This ingredient is suitable for skin care because it does not oxidize as quickly as other types of vitamin C. Since it is an antioxidant, it offers protection for the skin against the harmful activities of free radicals. It can also increase the level of collagens and give the skin a lighter tone.
There are numerous anti aging skin care products that contain the ingredients mentioned above, and you can find out more about them by reading skin care product reviews or consulting your dermatologist.