A Daily Skin Care Regimen For You!
If having moist, supple skin is on your list of important things, we have a daily skin care regimen for you. Good anti aging wrinkle avoidance starts with maintaining moisture.
It may surprise you to learn that some of the compounds your skin naturally uses to maintain moisture can also be found in…wheat. These biologically active moisturizing oils are known as ceramides, whose name derives from Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture.
Skin Care Information
- In youthful skin, abundant amounts of ceramides are released on the skin’s surface. They’re also found throughout the human body – in the blood, brain, spinal cord, and nerve tissue. As we age, a routine daily skin care regimen is critical.
- Your body’s ability to synthesize ceramides declines over time, contributing to the degradation and drying of aging skin. The good news is that wheat ceramides are chemically identical to skin ceramides, allowing aging individuals to restore naturally declining levels of this skin protector.
- In a major scientific advance, scientists discovered a clinically validated method to deliver these essential nutrients to the skin orally.
- Unlike topical wheat germ oil or ceramide creams that enjoy limited efficacy, this novel oral intervention is absorbed into skin cells from within.
- The result? In a recent clinical trial, 95% of participants experienced complete rehydration of stubbornly dry, flaky skin after 90 days, with total elimination of itching, cracking and other discomforts!
An Anti Aging Intervention Enjoyed in Japan for Ten Years
- While Americans have resorted to topical moisturizers and cosmetic surgery in the attempt to make their skin appear more youthful, the Japanese have enjoyed skin care products for the past ten years that supply the rate ceramides and other specialized lipids in an oral capsule form.
- Ceramides are present in many of the foods we eat (including rice and wheat). The problem is that they do not naturally occur in sufficient quantities to optimally rejuvenate aging skin. Anti aging wrinkle prevention starts here.
- In a 4-week, placebo-controlled pilot study, 65% of participants who took an 80 mg capsule daily of a wheat ceramide formula noticed an increase in skin moisture compared with only 45% in the placebo group. Because it takes about 4 weeks (the entire length of the pilot study) for newly formed skin cells to migrate to the outermost layer of skin, improvements observed in this short time period were deemed very promising.
- A 90-day follow-up study tracked subjects who were specifically chosen because of their chronically dry or very dry skin. In addition, some of the subjects suffered from chronic itching. The study considered subjective evaluation by the participants as well as objective dermatological measurements of skin roughness, itching , flaking, and hydration, determined by electrical impedance and laboratory tissue analysis. Active treatment consisted of 200 mg per day of the wheat ceramide formula vs. placebo.
- At the end of the 90-day study, subjects treated with the wheat ceramide formula noticed a significant softening of their skin. Assessment of skin hydration showed improvement in 95% of the actively treated subjects compared with no statistically significant change in the placebo group. All subjects who, at the onset of the study, experienced chronic itching reporting sharply decreased itch or complete elimination of the complaint by the study’s conclusion.
- Evaluation showed significant reduction of squames (flaking patches of skin) compared with the placebo group. Finally, in a subset of subjects form both the active treatment and placebo groups, leg tissue samples were analyzed for lipid concentration. Levels of protective lipids increased in the group treated with the wheat ceramide formula while no statistically significant changes was noted in the placebo group.
- A wheat formula is an excellent free radical scavenger, reducing oxidative stress and radiation damage of skin tissue. It also possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Research is currently underway that considers the role this formula plays in triggering apoptosis, a natural mechanism the body uses to target and destroy cancer cells. In addition to promoting the health and youthful appearance of skin, the wheat lipid formula also may confer a variety of other synergistic health benefits.
The health and youthful vitality of skin depends on a daily skin care regimen, which includes special lipids synthesized by skin cells called ceramides that retain moisture and trigger new cell growth. These bioactive oils, also found throughout the plant kingdom, are present in multiple systems of the body as well (blood, spinal cord, and nerve tissue), indicating their internally functionally importance. Ultimately, the avoidance of the anti aging wrinkle process starts with diet and hydration.
Clinical studies demonstrate that ceramide-rich nutritional formulas, derived from wheat, is absorbed into skin cells metabolically, producing dramatic improvement in the hydration, elasticity, and health of dry, flaky, itchy skin (complete elimination of dryness reported by 95% of study subjects). Ceramides are also potent free radical scavengers that significantly reduce inflammation. Research is underway to determine whether they contribute to the body’s system of targeting cancer cells for destruction.
Ceramides derived from wheat are chemically identical to those in human skin, enabling aging individuals to restore naturally declining levels of these bioactive compounds through ingestion – a method enjoyed by the Japanese for a decade. Ceramide-rich foods like rice and wheat do not possess these compounds in therapeutically effective concentrations.