4 Steps to Beautiful Skin
Every skin care treatment program starts with skin texture and skin tone. Any facial skin care treatment for skin texture starts with the understanding that skin texture naturally changes over time, which can lead to dry and rough textured skin. A facial skin care treatment for skin tone starts with the knowledge that the environment and one’s lifestyle choices can affect skin tone, causing sun and age spots known as hyper-pigmentation.
Evenly toned and softly textured skin is the secret to the ageless, youthful appearance that most of us crave, however, the elements we’re exposed to regularly, coupled with our lifestyle choices, pose a challenge to our facial skin care treatment.
As we get older, the skin tends to get dull because the cell turnover rate slows. Sun damage, redness, and hyper-pigmentation won’t allow the skin to reflect light the same way it used to, causing it to look sallow. In-office treatments like lasers, peels, fillers, and injections, matched with at-home treatments and all-natural skin care products, can help to reverse damage.
Healthy Skin Care Treatments
- The most important facial skin care treatment tip is to protect your skin from the sun and keep it well-hydrated.
- If you aren’t consistent about exfoliating or using a lightening cream, consider using a cleanser that contains high-performance, active ingredients like glycolic acid and salicylic acid. They help to encourage faster cell turnover in the skin, thereby potentially lightening, and possibly removing, superficial pigmentation.
- Exfoliation is a crucial step in maintaining healthy skin because it reduces dark spots and uneven skin tone. All exfoliation treatments work to the same objective: remove dead skin cells in the outermost layer of skin. It’s critical to keep the skin’s top layer exfoliated since discoloration, especially from the sun, can live here.
- Ashy skin is an extreme form of dry skin characterized by white flakes. Most people think this condition only affects very dark complexions but, in reality, it can affect every skin tone and type. While it may be more noticeable on darker skin types, even on Asian skin, the dryness and flakes are not naturally camouflaged. The best way to prevent ashy skin is to moisturize and stay out of the sun.
- Antioxidant rich foods, like raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries, as well as those with vitamin C, help heal and smooth weathered skin.
Over time, the texture and tone of our skin naturally change. An effective healthy skin care treatment starts with the knowledge that hormones, pollution, diet, and lifestyle choices are critical factors in causing dramatic changes in your skin. Following the 4 simple tips above can do much to defer the natural aging processes.