During these economic times, many of us are always looking for ways to stretch our dollar. Even the media has picked up on the need to save money and is airing popular television shows like Extreme Couponing.
My philosophy is to try to stay away from “extreme” anything. But, balancing a budget and saving money in the meantime sounds like something right up my alley. That being said, couponing is definitely an art form. I cannot tell you how many coupons I’ve cut, only to put them into a file and finding them again after they’ve expired.
AlwaysNewYou is now featuring a new section on our website called Shopping Deals. Find grocery coupons, shoe sales, and more! To kick off our couponing experience we are running a series,
How To Be an Extreme Couponer
Tip #1: Prepare Your Filing Method
Using an accordion file to store your coupons is very effective. To get the most out of the accordion file system use the following steps:
- Organize your coupons by category so they are easy to locate (ie… snacks, toiletries, office supplies).
- Leave your coupons as a large page instead of cutting them into tiny squares.
- Make a Shopping List – NEVER enter a store without a list.
- Set Out Your Coupons – Always review your folder prior to making a trip to the store.
- Have a separate place in your purse where you keep coupons.
Visit back this week for more great couponing tips from our experts! Be sure to chime in with any advice you have for using coupons and saving cash!