Women’s Health Tips – Top 8 Natural Remedies You Need
We did research to find natural remedies that would count as beneficial women's health tips. Our studies have shown the top natural remedies that support women’s health and beauty.
Top 8 Women’s Health Tips From Natural Substances
- Honey—This natural sweetener has been used as a dressing for cuts and wounds since ancient times, but recent studies have established its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Honey’s natural acidity, high percentage of sugars, and small amount of hydrogen peroxide promotes healing while dramatically decreasing the chance of infection. In clinical applications, honey has effectively treated superficial burns, severely infected wounds, and ulcers that had failed to heal. Note, however, that the remedy should only be used at home for minor cuts and burns.
- Catnip—Mosquitoes are put-off by this cat-pleasing herb. An Iowa State University study found that nepetalactone (essential oil in cat-nip) was 10 times as effective as DEET, but has none of DEET’s harmful effects. Researchers are not sure why it works but you only need one-tenth as much nepetalactone as DEET.
- Bananas—To relieve heartburn or indigestion, try eating a banana. According to a noted Ph.D., this potassium-packed fruit is also a natural antacid. Bananas reportedly neutralize over-acidity and reduce irritation by stimulating the production of cells and mucus that protect the lining of cells and mucus that protect the lining of the stomach.
- Fennel Seeds—They work wonders for gas and indigestion. Experimental studies have demonstrated fennel seeds’ ability to relieve gas and relax the smooth muscle lining of the digestive tract. You can chew on the seeds or make a tea with 1-2 teaspoons per cup of hot water.
- Yogurt—Eating yogurt regularly can significantly reduce your chances of ever getting a vaginal yeast infection. In a Long Island Jewish Medical Center study, women with a history of chronic yeast infections who consumed 8 ounces of yogurt daily for 6 months were found to have one third of the infections of women who didn’t eat yogurt. Just be sure that the yogurt you buy contains live or active cultures.
- Cranberry Juice—New research confirms cranberry juice can help prevent urinary tract infections. A recent study found that drinking 8 ounces of cranberry juice (containing 27% pure juice) daily helps eliminate susceptible and antibiotic-resistant bacteria from the bladder.
- Green or White Tea—When applied topically, green or white tea protects the skin from sun damage. The antioxidants in these teas can inhibit the direct effects of sunburn and have the potential to significantly reduce the photochemical damage in skin that leads to skin cancer and wrinkles.
- Duct Tape—A great wart remedy. Cover the wart with duct tape; you only need a piece big enough to cover the wart and change it daily. The only drawback is it can take a few weeks to work.
Science continues to support the use of natural substances in the quest for women’s health and beauty improvement. Women’s health tips that involve natural substances are extremely beneficial and may be tried before other medicinal courses of action.