Women’s Health Advice – Protection Against Female Cancers
As this article states, it turns out the amount of estrogen your body produces just isn’t as important as how much of each type it makes. Maintaining the correct balance of estrogen and progesterone levels is key:
Here are 5 ways to maintain the right balance:
- Increase Gentle Estrogens With Broccoli – Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables (cabbage and Brussels sprouts) are packed with a plant compound that converts dangerous estrogens into gentler ones, cutting ovarian cancer risk 38%. For greater protection, enjoy half a cup daily
- Lower Irritating Estrogens By Peeling Produce – Vegetables can harbor pesticides in their skins. Pesticides can latch onto belly fat and stimulate those cells to produce bad estrogens. Simply peeling veggies removes up to 91% of pesticides.
- Break Down Bad Estrogens With Flax – Eating 2 tablespoons of ground flax daily could cut your breast-cancer risk 30%. Thanks go to plant compounds in flax that can double your liver’s ability to break down bad estrogens.
- Balance Your Hormones By Drinking Coffee – A recent study shows that drinking two cups of coffee daily helped women keep their bad estrogen levels in check. Coffee is packed with antioxidants that promote the production of good estrogens rather than the irritating kind.
- Reduce Your Risk With Exercise – Fit in two hours of brisk exercise weekly (that’s just 18 minutes daily) and you’ll slash your risk of hormone-triggered cancers as much as 27%. Regular exercise signals fat cells to dial down their production of the troublesome estrogen that fuels the growth of abnormal cells.
Women’s Health Advice tells us that the estrogen and progesterone levels in your body are not as important as how much of each type your body makes – gentle ones (that keep you healthy and womanly) and irritating ones (DNA-damaging ones that raise the risk of female cancers 30% or more).