How To Cut Your Risk of Stomach Cancer!
Health and wellness articles are full of advice on a natural cancer cure. We spent some time reviewing a potential natural cancer cure for stomach cancer as a result of the rising trend and the implications towards the U.S. diet. Here’s the advice we found and, while there is probably no total natural cancer cure for stomach cancers, the following items have been found to be beneficial.
By now you probably know that avoiding (or quickly treating) stomach infections caused by H. pylori bacteria can prevent ulcers, heartburn, and chronic indigestion. Well, now scientists have discovered that it can cut your risk of stomach cancer 83%, too! To help you do just that, we’ve identified the easiest, most effective ways to avoid this germ – or banish it fast if you already have it.
- Cranberry Juice – Natural compounds in cranberries called proanthocyanidins prevent H. pylori from latching onto the stomach lining, research shows. The study-proven dose: 8 ounces of the juice (or ¼ cup of dried berries or sauce). Choose unsweetened or low-sugar cranberry products whenever possible. Sugar can fuel the growth of this bacterial infection.
- Cover Your Food – Exactly how H. pylori spreads from one person to the next is still unclear, but researchers think the common housefly is a prime culprit. And that means keeping food in covered food dishes and checking that window screens are in good repair are likely a great way to cut your risk of infection.
- Cook Your Chicken Right – In a shocking Northwestern University study, four in ten chickens tested positive for H. pylori! Luckily, 100% of the se pathogens are destroyed when poultry is properly cooked to 165ºF, the prime bacteria-killing temperature. Just waiting until the flesh is no longer pink does not guarantee safety, so use a meat thermometer.
- Swallow Your Gum – As long as it’s mastic gum, that is. Researchers report that taking 1 gram of this Mediterranean tree extract daily helps kill off H. pylori infections in as little as three weeks. Mastic gum capsules can be found in health-food stores or at VitaCost.com or Amazon.com.
When to Call The Doctor
Symptoms of an H. pylori infection tend to be vague. They are:
- Gnawing or burning stomach
- Chronic Heartburn
- Occasional Vomiting
If you struggle with similar symptoms for more than three days weekly, your doctor can use a breath test to diagnose the problem.
While trying not to just add to all the health and wellness articles on a natural cancer cure for stomach cancer; there seem to be a few suggestions that have merit. This topic will continue to evolve in literature as a result of the poor outcome of stomach cancer diagnosis of the pain and suffering it causes.