If you like celebrity beauty secrets, then here are 5 great ones from Beyoncé.
- Listen to Your Mother – “My best beauty advice came from my mother,” says Beyoncé. “She always says that outer beauty fades and inner beauty has a lasting effect. She also told me to wash my makeup off before going to bed. I don’t always, but I’m trying.”
- Really Baby Your Hair – “I make a hot-oil concoction with natural oils and vitamin E for Beyoncé to put on under a heating cap,” says Beyoncé’s hairstylist, Kim Kimble, who has worked with her for 12 years. “She asks for sulfate-free shampoos, which are gentler. She knows so much that I always tease her and say she’s a frustrated hairstylist!”
- Embrace Girl Power – “My mom owned a hair salon, which was a great place to see women come together and start friendships,” says Beyoncé. “I did learn a little about taking care of my hair, of course, but the lessons I learned about taking care of others and myself were much greater.”
- Keep It Natural – “Beyoncé just likes to look like herself,” says makeup artist Jackie Gomez, who’s worked with the singer for eight years. “If we use false lashes, we use individuals, and I use a peach-toned primer to brighten her complexion.”
- Make A Statement – “During the last election, Solange said he wanted Obama spelled out on her nails,” says Beyoncé’s manicurist, Lisa Logan. “So I asked Minx to make a nail with Obama’s face on it to surprise Beyoncé and Solange. You can expect to see those again!”
Click her for more celebrity beauty tips and tricks!