I ran across these beauty tips and secrets from celebrity makeup artists:
Master Your Mascara – The secret behind extra-lush lashes? “Tilt your head back as you sweep on mascara. When you tilt your head back, you expose the lash root – and that’s where you want the thickest amount of mascara for the most dramatic look.”
The Easy Way To conceal Dark Circles – “Dip a small makeup brush into a little nude, tan, or gold shimmer powder. Start at the inner corner of your eye and lightly glide it over the darkness. The added light from the powder will brighten the circle and make you look more awake.”
Make Your Manicure Last – “Choose a lighter shade of polish that doesn’t have any frost or metallic flecks. Deep-colored nail polishes have more titanium dioxide in them, which makes the paint chip faster. And the shimmer particles in frost polishes make the seal on the nail weaker.”
BONUS Celebrity Beauty Secret: Quick way to plump-up your lips!
- Apply your normal hydrating facial moisturizer to your lips. “This will plump out any lines and make a smooth canvas for lipstick.”
- Give lips a fuller look with richly pigmented lipstick colors! “Smaller lips should always wear deeper colors to emphasize and bring out the lip.” Avoid matte, frost, or light colors.
- If your skin is fair – try a bright berry (such as NYX Blacklabel Lipstick in Midnight Dinner).
- If your skin is medium – Try a rich fig color (such as Sonia Kashuk Luxury Lip Color in Mauvey)
- If your skin is dark – Try a deep plum (such as Prestige Classic Lipstick in Raisin)
NOTE: Top your lips off with gloss! “Gloss instantly enlarges the lips! When light bounces off the gloss, the added glow gives the illusion of rounder, plumper lips.”