If you are a woman in the pre- or post-menopause age range, you are probably looking for natural menopause remedies to combat the hot flashes, mood swings, weight gain, osteoporosis etc. that comes with it. Listed below are some natural prescriptions for menopause:
- Use a natural progesterone cream instead of hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- Controlling your blood-sugar levels will help to reduce hot flashes.
- Increase your intake of soy-containing foods (including tofu, soy flour, and linseed oil). Linseed oil is available in a capsule form from health food stores. You should take 500 mg. three times daily.
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis through calcium intake and exercise. The ideal exercise would include a combination of muscle strengthening exercise and aerobics – approximately 30 minutes per day, 5-6 days per week. You should alternate muscle strengthening one day and aerobic the next.
In addition to the above, you should also take these supplements:
- Boron: 2 mg. daily
- Calcium: 1,200 mg. daily in the form of calcium citrate
- Magnesium: 400 mg. daily
- Vitamin E: 400-600 I.U. daily
- Chromium: 100 mcg. three times daily
- Dong quai: According to package directions
Try these natural menopause remedies and let us know how they work – OR – if you have your own remedies, please share them with us!