Be Sexy Over 40 With These 7 Tips
Style Tips for Looking and Feeling Sexy Over 40
As a wardrobe consultant I often deal with women who are in the 40s, 50s, and 60s that are trying to reassess their style as mature adults without looking old and boring. Read the following successful tips I give all my clients:
- Stick to colors that are uplifting: if you have dark hair and light coloring then you can pull off a range of colors, especially bright ones; women with blonde hair should stay away from anything too close to their complexion as this will wash them out and age them.
- Some of the sexiest understated tops are wrap style, especially sweaters. They show some of the décolletage without baring all and can be very classy when paired with a white button down and pencil skirt for any occasion. Knit style wrap tops can be worn with jeans on the weekends and black pants to the office.
- Black pant and jeans are another two key items that can be sexy if they fit properly. A good pair of jeans is of utmost importance to every woman’s closet and styles from Eileen Fisher and Joe’s Brand are very flattering. If you’re tired of black pants, try a skinny leg style. These will instantly add a wow-factor.
- Open front cardigans are also a wardrobe must-have. They can be worn in a range of ways and cover any imperfections without sacrificing style.
- Another great trend for women right now that can be especially sexy for the over-40 set is the bootie shoe. This style lengthens the leg and can be worn with skirts, pants, or jeans.
- I highly recommend investing in a mid-heel, slightly pointed toe, comfortable (but stylish!) bootie as they will take you through the winter feeling chic and warm.
- Jewelry for women over 40 can also be a great accessory. You can draw attention to your eyes with a great pair of earrings and highlight a slim wrist with a pair of bangles. Always coordinate your jewelry with both your outfit and your make up. This symmetry will help keep you looking put-together and elegant.
— Marcela Milio, Wardrobe Consultant and Personal Shopper, Vestiti! by Marcella,http://www.vestitibymarcella.
More Tips for Staying Sexy Over 40
Looking for more ways to keep yourself looking and feeling sexy regardless of what the date says? Take a look at 15 Tips for Staying Sexy Over 40.