Soothe Painful Chapped Hands Using These Natural Remedies
January 10, 2013|
The pain of chapped, cracked skin covering your hands during the cool, dry months of winter is overbearing. Most often, lotion alone will not soothe or heal the soreness.
If you struggle with maintaining a healthy balance to the skin on your hands and are tired of dealing with winter’s blistering effects, try using one of the following tips from our expert contributor. Your hands will thank you.
In these days of economic challenge, it’s good to know you can create your own hand cream, hand masks and general hand care treatments instead of paying a fortune for something store bought. And this of course has an added advantage because you know it’s an organic product!
How To Make Homemade Moisturizer for Natural Hand Care:
- Mix cucumber juice with a few drops of glycerin to make your hands soft.
- Place a few drops of olive oil, almond oil, lemon juice and water in a bottle. Shake well and apply a few drops of the solution on your hands to keep your hands well moisturized.
- You can also give yourself a hand mask by combining equal amounts of tomato juice and lime juice with a few drops of glycerin; make a thick paste and apply it to your hands.
- To bleach your hands naturally (yes, it works on age spots!), make a paste using ground almonds, cream (dairy) and a few drops of glycerin.
- Feed your hands with a mixture of warm castor oil and almond oil (100 ml of each), combined with the juice of one lemon in a bowl. Soak and massage your hands in the mixture for approximately 10 -15 minutes.
Your hands are going to look soft and beautiful!