Hair Care Remedies For Straight Hair
Just as the type of skin you have requires different care, the type of hair you have also requires special care. There are 4 types of hair—processed, curly, wavy, and straight. Today we’ll talk about hair care remedies for straight hair.
Characteristics of Straight Hair
Straight hair is normally fine and thin. Although straight hair looks fantastic in long straight styles or in short crops, if you want hair with body and bounce, it will take some work. This is especially true if you have blond hair as blond hair is generally thinner than brunette or black hair. Also, since straight hair sits more closely to the head, it often becomes greasy quickly at the roots, meaning you will need to wash your hair every day.
Caring For Straight Hair
The most important thing that straight hair needs is a gentle shampoo. Choose one that’s marked for frequent washing as it’s likely to be low in detergents and high in moisturizers. Using a moisturizing shampoo also means you may be able to get away without a conditioner, which is good because conditioner tends to weigh your hair down. If you want some bounce and body, a thickening shampoo is best as they normally include panthenol, which penetrates the hair cuticle, making each strand thicker.
Drying your hair depends on the effect you want to create. For sleek looks, use a hair dryer with a nozzle. For volume, use mousse or thickening gel on the roots of your hair.
Top 5 Tips For Straight Hair
- Your perfect brush is a flat paddle with wide bristles.
- Avoid products with alcohol in their top 3 ingredients. Alcohol will make fine, straight strands of hair cling together.
- To make you hair shine, make the last rinse a cold one and do the last 2-3 minutes of your blow dry on the cool setting with the nozzle facing downward. Shine serums will also help.
- If you’re looking for volume, don’t handle your hair too much. The heat and oil from your palms can make fine hair floppy.
- Using color will also add volume to your hair. Mix highlights and lowlights in 3 or 4 different shades to create depth and texture.
At-Home Hair Treatment For Straight Hair
1 Large Jug of Peppermint Tea with 2 Teabags
10 Drops of Tea Tree Oil
Make up the peppermint tea and let it cool. After it has cooled, add 10 drops of tea tree oil and pour over the head as a final rinse.