What You Must Know About Health and Beauty – Part II
In part 1 of “What You Must Know About Health and Beauty” we explored how sulfates can strip the hair and scalp of natural essential oils, creating a drying effect.
In part 2, we discuss truly natural health and beauty tips to improve skin tone, beautiful skin, and even reverse signs of aging.
Health and beauty experts in the U.S. are calling for the FDA to crack down on companies marketing their products as organic or all-natural when, in fact, some natural or organic components may be in the product but also contain harsh and dangerous ingredients like sulfates and mercury. We talked about how it’s common for mascara products to actually contain a potentially dangerous element – mercury.
Natural Health and Beauty Tips
- First, health and beauty experts recommend a simple but very useful facial massage first thing in the morning. Start from the bottom, work up and inside out to help drain the lymphatic system and start things moving. It significantly supports increased circulation and drives collagen where it needs to be by allowing fluids to flow freely, giving a healthy glow and for years to come if done on a regular basis.
- The next tip commonly given by health and beauty experts is to avoid the biggest mistake women make when applying too much makeup as they get older. A noted celebrity makeup artist also says stay away from dark lipstick shades and don’t be afraid to use a bronzer. Make sure the bronzer is matte, then apply a light dusting to cheek bones, temples, and the jaw line with a big fluffy brush. Lighter colors significantly light up your face and make your lips look fuller.
- Another beauty tip, as we age, is to grow the hair with big bangs. A noted hair stylist says bangs are the best way to hide lines on your forehead. Dipping beneath the brow line will actually hide a sagging brow and a sidestep bang draws attention away from little lines by the eyes. Always discuss with your stylist your face shape to end up the most flattering style but be sure to include bangs.
- Perhaps the major areas to work on as we age are the eyes. A good, true all natural eye cream is a beauty must-have. Since the cream is applied to the thin skin beneath the eyes, it is imperative a high-quality, all natural, even organic product be used.
- Since a lot of inferior facial moisturizers contain potentially sensitizing ingredients in high concentrations, avoid applying them under the eye area. Absolutely make sure the products do not contain coal-tar colors listed as FD&C or DNC on the label. In this case, the FDA actually prohibits their application around the eyes because they can irritate or even harm the eyes.
In summary, health and beauty experts are working to motivate the FDA to require cosmetic manufacturers to more accurately brand products with regard to the real, natural, or organic substances they contain. A little research provides a number of health and beauty tips that the experts would approve.
Health and Beauty Experts Advice
Find more information on natural ingredients from our resident Skin Care Expert, Dr. Teri Dourmashkin, in her article titled "Aloe Vera – A Truly Versatile Natural Ingredient."