Your Favorite Foods Can Turn Flab Into Fab
Okay, so we all have our food weaknesses, right? Whether you love greasy potato carbs or you can’t stay away from a breaded popcorn shrimp, there are luckily ways to enjoy your favorite foods- just by knowing the ‘skinny’ option from the ‘fat’ option. So now you can have your pasta and eat it too; just choose wisely!
Passing by the French Fries or chips can be near impossible at a party. The good news is – Potatoes ‘cooked skinny’ can continue to be your best friend. So cheer up and munch on:
Cooked fat: The famous Potato Salad, smothered with mayo and cheese, is overrated because it’ll add 471 calories to your day just like that
Cooked skinny: Instead, reach for the Roasted Potatoes. Douse them in garlic and herbs for only 193 calories
Shrimp is typically assumed to be a great pick, but this tiny swimmer could put you straight to the gym if you’re not careful.
- Cooked fat: Shrimp Scampi, due to its usual generous amount of butter, has more calories than even bacon! Try 310 calories on for size – yikes!
- Cooked skinny: Shrimp Cocktail is a yummy option and your best one at that. This way, the fish is boiled, weighing in at only 131 calories
Pasta is always a fan favorite but, with much of it being smothered in cheese or Alfredo (or both!), you could surely end up regretting this choice in no time:
- Cooked fat: The healthier-sounding Pasta Primavera is a trap – don’t fall for it – This number will cost you a whopping 471 calories
- Cooked skinny: Opt for a lighter choice by cooking with Marinara sauce instead – only 305 calories for this choice – That’s more than a 150 calories difference
Many believe Chicken to be a lighter meat than, say, a hamburger or pulled pork sandwich – But, if this baby is ‘cooked fat,’ it could even put a hotdog to shame:
- Cooked fat: The pan-seared and breaded option of a Pecan-crusted Chicken has a chart-topping 467 calories
- Cooked skinny: Now to shed some light on this bird dish – Chicken can be light – if it’s grilled. Season the meat and throw it on the BBQ for only 168 calories
Feast on with no worries from here on out now that you know how to eat skinny!