Super Foods that Pack a Punch
The following super food recipe is loaded with vitamins and minerals that promote good health. Learn why peppers, garlic, basil, and extra virgin olive oil back a powerful punch against cancer, heart disease, stroke, and even help ward off certain menopause symptoms.
Pepper. Pasta. Power.
Red , Green, Yellow and Orange Bell Peppers are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A, B6 and folic acid, which are thought to reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease and stroke as well as being full of antioxidants.
Raw garlic boosts the immune system and is believed to reduce the risk of cancer, improve cardiovascular health and detox environmental toxins from our body.
Fresh Basil is high in vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, antioxidants and can serve as an anti-inflammatory.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is high in vitamin E and may reduce the risk of cancer and cardio vascular disease, subdue some effects of menopause and help lower your blood pressure among many other things.
1 lb Gluten Free Pasta
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Orange Bell Pepper
2 Cloves of Garlic
3-5 Leaves of Fresh Basil
½ teaspoon Unrefined Pink Salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pick Your Protein – Optional: This dish is great with chicken, chunks of fresh mozzarella cheese or tofu.
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook Gluten free pasta as directed. Typically 16 minutes will do the trick.
2. Cut the peppers into strips. Toss in olive oil until they are lightly coated. Place peppers on a stovetop grill pan, pre-heated on high, and sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper. Cook until each side starts to crisp. About 5 minutes on each side. As an alternative, the peppers can be steamed and tossed in olive oil once they are cooked.
3. Mince garlic.
3. Fold 3 – 5 Basil leaves and cut into strips.
4. After draining the pasta place in a large bowl, lightly toss with olive oil adding the garlic fresh pepper to taste. Add the cooked peppers and protein choice if any then toss.
5. Serve sprinkled with fresh basil.
As a reminder, all unrefined and organic foods are packed with more nutrients making any super foods recipe that much more powerful.