Super Food Recipe: Strawberry Cheesecake Made with Kefir
Learn the healthy properties found in Kefir, Dark Cocoa Powder, and Strawberries. All these delicious ingredients are found in the following super food recipe for you to enjoy. Just because it’s a super food, doesn’t mean it can’t taste great!
Kefir: It is packed with 10 powerful probiotics to balance your body’s ecosystem to support immunity, ease digestive troubles and even promote oral health.The regular use of kefir can help relieve all intestinal disorders, promote bowel movement, reduce flatulence and create a healthier digestive system.
Dark Cocoa Powder: It contains antioxidants and polyphenols
Strawberries: They are loaded with vitamin C and low-calorie. They are a rich source of anthocyanins which gives them their antioxidant capabilities. Strawberries can help protect against heart disease, cancer, and inflammatory diseases.
1 3/4 cup Love Crunch cereal
1/2 cup Smart Bran cereal
1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1/3C butter; melted
1/2 cup Lifeway Strawberry Greek Kefir
4 oz. Lifeway Farmers cheese, room temperature
8 ounces low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoon whole wheat flour
2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
1 cup Love Crunch cereal
12 fresh strawberries
fresh mint sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Combine cereals and cocoa in blender, process until blended to fine crumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup of crumbs.
3. Return reserved 1/4 cup of crumbs to blender and grind to fine powder. Set aside for garnish when cake is completed.
4. Make the crust: Combine all ingredients for crust in a large bowl. Press into bottom of 9” springform or cake pan and set aside.
5. Make the cake: Combine Lifeway Kefir, farmer’s cheese and cream cheese in a large bowl. With electric mixer, completely beat in sugar. Beat in vanilla, spices and flour. Stir in pureed strawberries. Pour into pan.
6. Bake for about 1. hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let stand 30 minutes.
8. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
9. Dust entire top of cake with reserved finely ground cereal and sprinkle Love Crunch cereal around the edges.
10. Fan sliced strawberries in center of cake and place whole strawberry in the middle. Garnish with whole and sliced strawberries and mint sprigs