Learn why almonds are an excellent source of nutrition and satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious baking recipe featuring this super food as the main attraction.
Almonds are one of the most nutritious of all nuts.
• The fat in almonds is unsaturated, or the “good” fat
• Contain calcium and magnesium – for strong bones
• Vitamin E, B2, phosphorus, copper and compounds called phytochemicals, which helps to protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer.
• Lower blood cholesterol level
• The Glycemic Index of almonds is only 15, therefore they help to lose weight
Crispy Almonds-Oatmeal Cookies
½ cup almond flour
9 tablespoons oatmeal flour
5 table spoons pure fructose or Splenda
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of nutmeg
1 stick of margarine
3-4 tablespoons cold water
In a medium bowl mix all dry ingredients. Cut in margarine and chop by knife until the mixture resembles small crumbs. Gradually add cold water mixing the dough by hands.
Firm balls and place them 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet covered by baking paper. Flatten them with a fork.
Bake in a 380* oven about 8 minutes or until edges are set. After removing from the oven leave them on the baking sheet and let cool.