Super Food: Greek Yogurt and Pumpkin
This Super Food recipe is made for beautiful hair, skin and eyes.
Greek Yogurt is a super nutritious snack packed with protein, good fat and calcium.The addition of pumpkin puree (a true superfood superstar) to this snack will also provide you with lots of fiber plus 180% of your daily requirement for vitamin A (a must-eat vitamin for healthy skin, hair and vision) and all this for a mere 35 calories in a 1/4 cup serving!
Greek Yogurt and Pumpkin Snack
Yield: 1 serving
- 6 oz container of 0% fat-free Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree (no sugar added)
- 2 packets Splenda (or sweetener of choice)
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped (diced) walnuts
Mix all ingredients together and top with whipped cream and walnuts, if desired.Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 170, Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 70 mg, Carbohydrate: 16 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 10 g, Protein: 17 g
Thanks to Nutritionist and Author, Dr. Janet Brill for this recipe!