Secrets to A Slim Body!
One of the reasons some people find breaking free from a food addiction is more difficult than quitting smoking, is that most people are addicted to one of three combinations of flavors: sweet-fat, fat-starchy, or savory-salty-starchy.
Here are some alternatives to satisfy your cravings:
If you crave Sweet-Fat, try one of these alternatives:
- 1 oz. dark chocolate plus a cup of herbal tea
- Chia Pudding: 1-1/2 Cups Greek Yogurt mixed with 1 cup vanilla soy milk, 2 tablespoons Chia seed, and 2 tablespoons dried cherries. Note: Chill one hour before serving
- Fruit Smoothie: Blend 1 cup soy milk, ½ cup fruit salad, and 1 tablespoon Chia or Flaxseed
If you crave Starchy-Fat, try one of these alternatives:
- Cut-up vegetables served with blue cheese dressing or hummus
- Whole-grain rice cakes served with 1 ounce low-fat cheese
- Banana with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
If you crave Savory-Salty-Starchy, try one of these alternatives:
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn flavored with nutritional yeast, lemon oil, and sea salt or with any spice blend.
- Kale Chips: Toss 1 bunch kale (ribs removed and cut into 2” pieces) with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Bake at 275ºF for 10 minutes
- Smoked almonds and green tea
If you have your own secrets to a slim body, please share them with us!