From My Book of Easy Vegetable Recipes
Try this Greek Shrimp & Green Beans for your next family dinner. Here’s the recipe:
1-1/4 Pounds Large Raw Shrimp – peeled and deveined
½ Pound Green Beans – trimmed and halved
¼ Cup Reduced-Fat Red Wine Vinaigrette
2 Cups Yellow and Red Cherry Tomatoes – halved
¼ Cup chopped Fresh Parsley
1 Tablespoon Greek Seasoning
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together shrimp and Greek seasoning; set aside
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add green beans to boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp in a single layer; cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium and add red wine vinaigrette, tomatoes and parsley to skillet and cook 1 minute or until warmed through.
- Remove shrimp mixture from heat and stir in green beans until well combined.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 149 calories, 7g fat, 16g protein, 6g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 272mg sodium, 140mg cholesterol