Easy Vegetable Recipes
I’m always looking for easy vegetable recipes that I think my family would enjoy while still keeping in mind healthy eating habits. I found this one and thought I would share it with you.
Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
3 Acorn Squash – halved and seeded
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Cup Onions – chopped
3 Cups Apples – peels and chopped
½ Cup Dried Cranberries
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1-½ Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Tablespoons Real Maple Syrup
1/3 Cup Toasted Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet cut side down. Fill the baking sheet with ½” of water. Bake the squash for 40 minutes. Drain off any remaining water.
- While the squash is baking, melt the butter in a large skillet. Cook the onion and apple in the butter until the onion has softened.
- Scrap mixture into a bowl to cool until the squash has finished baking.
- One the squash is done, stir remaining ingredients into the apple mixture.
- Turn the squash cut side up on the baking sheet and fill with apple mixture.
- Return squash to the oven, bake for 15 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: Calories 282, Fat 10g, Cholesterol 210mg, Sodium 41g, Carbohydrates 41, Fiber 5.9g, Sugar 14g, Protein 10.7g
In summary, if you want to maintain healthy eating habits, try this easy vegetable recipe.