Quinoa Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette
Chili Lime Vinaigrette
1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
1 Large Roasted Red Pepper
1/2 Cup Lime Juice
1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
6 Tablespoons Agave Nectar (found with other sweeteners)
1 Tablespoon Sriracha Sauce or Sambal Oelek
1 Cup Blended Oil (such as canola)
2 Cups Quinoa – rinsed well
4 Cups Water
1 Cup Diced Mango
2 Medium Tomatoes – diced
1/2 Large Bunch Cilantro
1/4 Cup Chopped Chives
1 Green Pepper – roasted, peeled, seeded, diced
1 Red Pepper – roasted, peeled, seeded, diced
1 Yellow Pepper – roasted, peeled, seeded, diced
1 Cup Chili Lime Viniagrette
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
To Make Vinaigrette
- In a food processor, puree garlic and roasted red pepper and process – NOT liquefy
- Place in a mixing bowl and whisk in the lime juice, rice vinegar, agave nectar, sriracha, and oil.
- Taste and adjust ingredients if necessary. This is not an emulsified dressing.
To Make The Salad
- Place the quinoa and water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water is absorbed. The quinoa grains will have little white crescents.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust if necessary.
Note: The vinaigrette makes about twice the amount you need for the salad and can be used on other salads or as a marinade.
Serves 16. Per serving: 173 calories, 8g fat, 22g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 8mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol, 21mg calcium, 2g fiber