Pomegranate Chicken Recipe
If you are concerned with maintaining a healthy weight and that slim body, this lower fat Persian chicken dish is for you. It features succulent skinless, boneless chicken thighs in a pomegranate and walnut sauce.
Pomegranate juice, which is available in most supermarkets, delivers more antioxidants than any other drink. Antioxidants protect our bodies against free radicals, the molecules that can cause premature aging skin, heart disease and Alzheimer's disease.
This recipe comes to us from Fiona Haynes, About.com Guide
2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 Pounds Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Turmeric
1 Medium Onion – chopped
1/4 Cup Walnuts – ground into a paste
1 Cup Pomegranate Juice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Brown chicken thighs on both sides and transfer to a plate.
- Add spices and chopped onion to skillet, and cook until onion has softened.
- Return chicken to skillet; add walnut paste and pomegranate juice.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked and sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
Per Serving: Calories 226, Calories from Fat 84, Total Fat 9.4g (sat 1.6g), Cholesterol 94mg, Sodium 104mg, Carbohydrate 11.5g, Fiber 1.5g, Protein 23.9g