Eating Healthy Food For A Slim Body!
We hear a lot about eating healthy food to help maintain a slim body. But, how do we know exactly what is healthy food? You can start with this recipe for glazed pork tenderloin:
Glazed Pork Tenderloin With Succotash
¼ cup Apricot Preserves
1 Tablespoon Grated Fresh Ginger
1 Pound Lean Pork Tenderloin – trimmed of all visible fat
¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Package (10 oz) Frozen Cut Okra
½ Medium Onion – chopped
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Corn Kernels
2 Teaspoons Cider Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Sugar
3 Tablespoons Thinly Sliced Fresh Basil
¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Heat broiler or grill to medium-high.
- Prepare pork: Combine preserves and ginger in small bowl. Sprinkle meat with pepper and salt. Broil or grill pork 10 minutes, turn, and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Brush meat with half of the preserve mixture and continue cooking 2 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining mixture.
- Cook another 2 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 155ºF. Turn pork and broil or grill 30 seconds to set glaze. Transfer to cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 16 slices
- Heat oil in large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat while pork cooks. Add okra, onion, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to brown and okra stops giving off liquid (6-7 minutes).
- Stir in corn and cook until starting to brown slightly (about 3 minutes).
- Add vinegar and sugar and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil and salt.
- Serve with sliced pork
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 251 calories, 5g fat, 25g protein, 29g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 279mg sodium
If eating healthy food is important to you, check out all of our natural food recipes.