Pecan Pie for the Masses
Makes one 9” pie, gluten-free, low-glycemic, allergy-friendly
*Use organic ingredients for greater health and flavor.
Gluten-Free, Low-Carb Crust
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter or ghee (clarified butter, more flavor, less milk product) or cold-pressed virgin coconut oil, for vegans
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Optional: 1 tsp. Kuzu or Arrowroot powder for firmer crust
- ¼ c Amaranth or Quinoa flour
- 1 cup almond meal (health store or grind almonds finely) or replace with above flour for tree nut allergies.
- ¼ tsp. sweet leaf, whole leaf stevia, powder or liquid (or sweetener of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt Unsalted Ghee or Coconut Oil on low heat in pie pan, if you want to wash fewer pans.
- Mix in Almond Meal/Flour, Salt and Kuzu, if you use it, right in pie pan.
Important: mix until mixture clumps together, so the oil spreads evenly and will press well into pan and stay more firm.
- Press into 9” pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 2 cups of pecan pieces
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons melted Ghee (clarified butter), unsalted butter, or pure, virgin coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract or flavoring for celiac concerns
- 1 cup Raisin Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Leaf, Whole Leaf Stevia (healthiest, can use other), or more per personal taste
- Beat eggs and blend in all ingredients.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for twenty more minutes or until firm when lightly pressed.
- Cool completely and refrigerate for ½ hour before cutting.
Written by: Debbie Johnson, Chef & Author
About the Author
Debbie Johnson is a chef/author of best-selling Fun with Gluten-Free, Low-Glycemic Food Cookbook, and her newest cookbook, Desserts and Comfort Food for EVERY Body. She was also the executive chef of her Gluten-Free, Low-Carb gourmet restaurant, The Golden Chalice.