Ginger-Soy Marinated Tuna
Prep Time: 70 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 85 minutes
2lb sushi quality tuna
- Rinse the tuna under cold water and drain in a colander. Cut the steaks into six pieces and place in a bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients except the scallions in a medium size saucepan, and heat until thickened, stirring constantly over medium heat with a wooden spoon to prevent lumps. Let cool.
- Pour the marinade over the tuna and rub the mixture all over the fish. Cover with a plastic wrap and let it marinate for 1 hour if possible.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire for grilling, and brush the grill with oil. Place the grill about three inches above the coals. Grill the tuna for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for rare, 5 to 6 for medium rare. (You may also sear the fish in a heavy frying pan, heating the pan until it is very hot, brushing it with oil and searing the tuna on both sides, covered, over very high heat.)
- Distribute onto plates, cover with scallion greens and serve immediately.
Total Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 36 g