Pumpkin “Cheesecake” with Raspberry Sauce
10 graham crackers, ground to fine crumbs
3 tablespoons Sucanat (in many health food stores) or granulated brown sugar
2 tablespoons oil
12 ounces silken tofu
12 ounces soy sour cream
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
3/4 cup Sucanat or granulated brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
Red-Raspberry Sauce (optional; recipe below)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. To make crust, combine graham-cracker crumbs, Sucanat, and oil in small bowl, stirring to blend. Pat mixture evenly in bottom of pan.
- To make filling, combine tofu, soy sour cream, and pumpkin puree in food processor; process until smooth. Add eggs, Sucanat, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg; process until well combined. Pour mixture over crust and spread evenly. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate several hours overnight.
- Thaw a 10-ounce package of frozen red raspberries.
- Combine with 1/4 cup honey in food processor and
- Process to a smooth puree.
- Pass mixture through a fine strainer to remove seeds.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.