Canoli-Stuffed French Toast Nuggets Recipe
In keeping with your healthy healthy eating habits, these little canoli nugget bites are soft, warm, chocolate and, best of all, guilt-free. What more can you ask for.
This recipe comes to us from Woman’s World Magazine.
¼ Cup Fat-Free Liquid Egg Substitute
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
3 Tablespoons Fat-Free Ricotta Cheese
2 Teaspoons Mini-Chocolate Chips
1 No-Calorie Sweetener Packet
1 Lite Hot Dog Bun (about 80 calories)
2 Teaspoons Light Whipped Butter or Light Buttery Spread
½ Teaspoon Confectioners’ Sugar
Sugar-Free Pancake Syrup (for dipping) or blueberries (optional)
- Mix egg substitute, ½ teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in small bowl. Reserve.
- In separate bowl, combine ricotta, chocolate chips, sweetener and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Split bun open without fully separating halves. Spoon ricotta mixture onto bottom half. Gently press top half down over filling. Carefully slice into four “nuggets”.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add butter and allow to coat bottom of skillet.
- Coat each nugget with egg mixture. Once butter has melted, place nugget in skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping nuggets until golden brown.
- Transfer to plate; sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. If desired, serve with syrup or berries.
Makes 1 Serving: Calories: 228, Fat: 7 g, Protein: 15 g, Cholesterol: 14 mg, Carbohydrates: 31 g, Sodium: 395 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 10 g
This is a delicious dessert recipe that not only tastes good but supports healthy eating habits, it's simple to make and delicious to eat!