Healthy Comfort Foods-Cheesy Meatloaf Mini’s
The fall and colder winter months are upon. This is the time of year we all start to crave those oh so good “comfort foods” and along with that comes the extra pounds we don’t want. For the month of September we promise to provide you with great tips and recipes that will help you get through the winters months without gaining extra pounds and ruining your diet.
Below is our first Healthy “Comfort Food” dinner recipe found on www.cookinglight.com.
- 1 ounce fresh breadcrumbs (about 1/2 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- While breadcrumbs cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients. Shape into 6 (4 x 2-inch) loaves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; spread 2 teaspoons ketchup over each. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until done.
- Per Serving:
- Calories: 254, Fat: 11.4g, Saturated fat: 5.76g, Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g, Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g, Protein: 28.3g, Carbohydrate: 11.1g, Fiber: 0.9g, Cholesterol: 112mg, Iron: 2.6mg, Sodium: 607mg, Calcium: 150mg