Workout, Get Fit & Lose Weight in just 15 minutes a day!
Are you one of those people who wish they could lose weight but feel overwhelmed by your current cumbersome daily life schedule? Family, careers, children, pets, and household chores tend to create a schedule whereby time to exercise may seem like it is not an option. Not anymore! There is no need to block off 30-60 minute sessions to exercise. In just 15 minutes a day, you can get your heart pumping, build muscle with full body strength training moves, speed up your metabolism and lose weight!
HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is the way to do it. This type of training is done for short periods of time because it is so intense, and it keeps your metabolism churning all day! When my schedule is jam packed I use this form of training to ensure I get the most out of my limited time at the gym. It also helps you remain consistent with your fitness program even on those days you think you have no time for exercise or are just not in the mood. I like this form of exercise for those days you just don’t feel like working out as the allure of 15-30 minute workout often motivates me to push through!
Here is how it is done:
- Sprinting, Jump Rope, think short intervals of intense cardio training interlaced with recovery stages. So for instance, you can jump rope one minute, walk one minute, jump rope one minute, strength train one minute. Continue this interval for 15-30 minutes on and off.
- Another example would be sprint 1 minute, walk 1 minute; continue to repeat intervals of sprinting and walking for 15-30 minutes.
- Remember, you must exert a ton of energy then recover for a short time…..hence the title High Intensity Interval Training!
- A great combo of exercises I like to put together that include full body strength training, and great intense cardio are mountain climbers and bicycle crunches. I will perform each exercise for one minute switching back and forth between the exercises each minute. See below for videos on how to properly perform these exercises.
- Mountain Climber:
- Bicycle Crunch:
- Want to work out with me and try a HIIT workout? Check out my NEW IPHONE APP and give it a try! You will be addicted!
As Always, Committed to your success and health,